The main objective of the MILETUS project is to strengthen the students’ mobility capacity building at HEIs in Serbia and Ukraine while improving the employment opportunities of graduates and enhancing the quality of PhD students’ research. Emphasis is placed on promoting and facilitating students’ mobility initiatives at ministerial and institutional levels.
Special efforts are made to make mobility programs open for students with disabilities. Exploiting the mobility capacities not only introduces students to new learning experiences, but the MILETUS project is intended to improve the graduates’ employability chances and expands the collaboration circles of PhD students.
The main objectives of the MILETUS project can be defined by enumerating the following more specific project objectives:
- Building the capacity of the ministry responsible for HE to initiate and implement or counselling future students’ mobility programs.
- Improving the governance of the students’ mobility initiatives at HEIs.
- Broadening the knowledge of teaching staff about the peculiarities of students’ mobility through guidance and the production of learning materials.
- Experiencing virtual, real and blended mobility runs.
- Enabling and facilitating the participation of students in mobility programs (in particular physically challenged and otherwise disadvantaged students).
- Enhancing graduates’ employability chances by helping students develop the necessary skills in mobility runs.
- Developing mobility opportunities for PhD level students to broaden their collaboration spectrum and improve the quality of research.